Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
We at Rissho Kosei-kai (hereinafter referred to as “the organization”) believe it is our responsibility to protect and manage the personal information we receive from members and non-members in a safe and appropriate manner. To fulfill this responsibility, we have established the following policy regarding the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “the Policy”) and will collect and handle personal information to the extent necessary.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The organization collects and uses personal information mainly for the following purposes:
- To manage information of applications for events and member registration.
- To share services and information related to them, and manage information of usage history.
- To conduct research and analysis on whether the organization’s works and projects are smoothly operated, and make improvements if there are some issues.
- To share information about projects and events and implement questionnaires.
- To handle inquiries.
- To conduct any duties related to the items above.
2. Security Measures
The organization takes the following safety management measures regarding the handling of personal information:
- To establish internal rules and regulations and set clear instructions regarding the personal information.
- To implement annual training programs for the organization’s all officers and staff members.
- To carry out audit on a regular basis whether personal information is properly protected.
- To establish criteria to examine the suitability of the contractors when executing an outsourcing contract.
- To take appropriate measures and carry out risk assessments to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damages, falsification, and leakage.
- To observe laws as well as the national policies and other regulations applicable to the handling of personal information.
- To conduct appropriate safety measures and necessary management for information security and review continuously the management system and make improvements.
3. Outsourcing and Supervising Contractors
The organization may outsource part of its works and projects. In these cases, personal information will be provided to the contractors within the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. When executing an outsourcing contract, the organization selects the contractors, which have already maintained the sufficient safety measures to handle personal information, and supervises these contractors by monitoring their business conditions.
4. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
The organization will not disclose or provide personal information to a third party except the conditions in which any of the following items applies. Please note that providing the contractors with personal information is not considered to be disclosure or provision to a third party.
- Cases in which the identifiable person have given his or her consent.
- Cases based on laws and regulations applicable to the Protection of Personal Data.
- Cases in which there is a need to protect the life, well-being, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the identifiable person.
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or person entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the identifiable person is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions.
- In the light of circumstances in which the purpose of use is considered to be clear.
5. Inquiries, Corrections, and Deletion of Personal Information
We will respond to the requests from the identifiable persons for inquiries, corrections, or deletion of personal information within a reasonable period.
6. Changes of the Policy
The organization will review appropriately the management conditions regarding the handling of personal information. In order to continuously striving to make improvements, we may change the Policy accordingly. Any changes made will be announced on the organization’s Website (https://www.ibc-rk.org/) and will take effect upon announcement.
7. Contact to Request Disclosure of Personal Information
To request disclosure of personal information or for opinions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the following group in charge:
International Buddhist Congregation of Rissho Kosei-kai
Fumon-Media Center (FMC) on the 3F.
2-7-1 Wada, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 166-8537, Japan